Detalles de producto
Health Benefits at a Glance:
The types of collagen that are most common in your body (types I, II and III) are found in your skin and connective tissue. Each type has slightly different structures that are not easy to digest and absorb in their natural, full-length form. So, we used hydrolyzed collagen (collagen hydrolysate): very small fragments of collagen that are more easily absorbed, which helps you get the most out of our collagen formula.
Why it Works:
Collagen plays a pivotal role in the structure of bones, joints and skin. But because collagen is a large molecule, it’s harder for your body to digest and absorb. Hydrolyzed collagen consists of smaller pieces of collagen (called collagen peptides). Together, they have the same type and amount of amino acids as a full collagen molecule but are easier for your body to digest and for your cells to assimilate. These amino acids can then be used to form collagen and elastin: two major components of healthy skin and connective tissue.
The vast majority of collagen in your body is type I, II or III.
- Type I—this form of collagen makes up more than 90% of your body’s bone mass and 80% of your skin. Type I collagen is also found in your tendons and ligaments.
- Type II—about 80% of your body’s cartilage is made up of Type II collagen. In addition to the connective tissue that protects your bones and joints, Type II is found in your spine as well as your vitreous humour: the clear gel that fills the space between the lens and retina of your eye.
- Type III—when it comes to your skin, if it’s not Type I collagen, it’s likely type III: about 15% of your total skin is this kind of collagen. Type III is also found in vital organ tissue like your lungs, liver and spleen.
The Science Behind the Product:
Collagen hydrolysate enhances collagen production
We use collagen hydrolysate (which provides collagen peptides) because it can pass the mucosal barrier in your digestive system, without needing to be broken down into smaller pieces. And that’s not all:
- Collagen hydrolysate provides free amino acids that contribute to collagen and elastin synthesis.1
- The collagen peptides bind to fibroblasts, the major cells responsible for collagen production, and activate them, which results in the production of even more collagen.2
Collagen and joint comfort
Hydrolyzed collagen can stimulate collagen production and help promote joint comfort. A six-month, randomized study of 250 subjects showed that daily intake of collagen hydrolysate significantly promoted knee comfort.3
Collagen and skin elasticity
Collagen plays a key role in your skin’s structure. It’s integrated with elastin, the protein that gives skin its flexibility and elasticity—together they keep your skin looking healthy and vibrant. A double-blind study of 69 women (from ages 35 to 55), showed significant improvement in skin elasticity after eight weeks of subjects taking daily hydrolyzed collagen when compared to the placebo group.4
Easily mixable powder
Collagen Peptides for Skin & Joints is unflavored, so it mixes easily in water or any other favorite beverage.
How to Use:
- Mix one (1) scoop daily with water or beverage of choice, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Contenido Del Producto
Dosis: 1 cacito (aprox 11g)
Dosis por envase: 30
|Cantidad diaria (1 cacito):||%RI*|
|Complejo de péptidos de colágeno hidrolizado tipo I, II y III [de bovino y pollo]||11,1 g||**|
*RI = Ingesta de referencia de la UE ** RI no disponible
Ingredientes: colágeno hidrolizado
Modo de empleo:
Mezclar un (1) cacito al día con agua o bebida de su elección.
Mantener fuera del alcance de los niños más pequeños.
No superar la dosis diaria expresamente recomendada.
No utilizar si el sello está roto o dañado.
Cuando tome complementos alimenticios, consulte con su médico si está bajo tratamiento, embarazada o en periodo de lactancia.
Los complementos alimenticios no deben ser utilizados como sustitutos de una dieta variada y equilibrada y un estilo de vida saludable. Conservar en un lugar fresco y seco.
Las opiniones de productos se proporcionan solo con fines informativos y reflejan únicamente los puntos de vista y opiniones expresados por sus autores y no los de Life Extension. No verificamos ni respaldamos ningún reclamo realizado en estas opniniones.