Health Benefits at a Glance:
It can be a real challenge to find a facial skin firming product that is both inexpensive and does not contain a bunch of unwanted ingredients. That’s why Cosmesis Skin Care developed Skin Firming Complex. With its multi-nutrient serum, Skin Firming Complex offers a unique mix of natural ingredients that can help provide a more defined, firmer, and younger-looking skin.
Why it Works:
The Skin Firming Complex serum contains a unique combination of ingredients that all contribute towards lifting and tightening the skin and reducing facial wrinkles and fine lines in special ways.
Every day, tiny muscle contractions from facial expressions is an underlying cause of facial wrinkle development. Researchers have developed several amino acid chains known as peptides (acetyl-hexapeptide-8, acetyl octapeptide-3, and pentapeptide-18). These can interfere with mechanisms that tighten facial muscles. This can help inhibit the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in the face [3-5].
Additionally, peptides are known as Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 and palmitoyl tripeptide-1 can also help firming your skin by stimulating the formation of collagen by skin cells known as dermal fibroblasts. A dermal fibroblast is a specialized type of skin cell that helps form connective tissue and help the skin recover from injuries. Furthermore, these peptides also reduce the skin cells’ inflammatory response to UV exposure.
This inhibits the breakdown of collagen already present in the skin . This is especially important since collagen is one of the most important compounds for maintaining firm and youthful looking skin. These factors make these two peptides ideal for fighting the appearance of facial wrinkles.
Plant stem-cell extracts
The serum also contains stem-cell extracts (with its specific metabolites ferulic acid, tannic acid, and rosmarinic acid) from three different plants. These stand-out extracts distinguish themselves because of their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant abilities [7-9]. Moreover, studies reveal that these stem-cell extracts also support collagen in the human skin. Collagen is a key component for maintaining youthful skin, making these three plant stem-cell extracts ideal for including in the Skin Firming Complex serum.
Furthermore, the same plant stem cell extract also helps raise cellular energy stores. This boosts the metabolism of the cells and also increases the synthesis of collagen in the skin cells [7-9].
Finally, the Skin Firming Complex formula contains snail mucin. This is because snail mucin contains a substance called SOD (superoxide dismutase), which works as the skin’s primary antioxidant defense compound.
This compound helps to remodel and assembling the skin matrix. It also inhibits the expression of several compounds that break down elastin and collagen in the skin. Lastly, snail mucin also promotes the survival and proliferation of dermal fibroblasts .
Together, these compounds form a unique and multi-pronged approach to keeping your skin firm and hydrated, thereby avoiding fine lines and wrinkles in your face.
Hyaluronic acid is a molecule that has a superb ability to bind moisture. Because of this hyaluronic acid can add volume and fullness to skin [12, 13].
Silicates are minerals that naturally occur in purified clay, and can leave the skin both tighter and firmer, minutes after application.
The Science Behind the Product:
Acetyl-hexapeptide-8, acetyl octapeptide-3, and pentapeptide-18 - In a clinical trial study, which lasted 14 weeks, a serum containing acetyl-hexapeptide-8 and acetyl octapeptide-3 was given to study participants with mild to the moderately photo damaged facial skin. Compared to a control group, the study participants who had applied the two compounds regularly over 14 weeks significantly improved the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles . The researchers applied a cream containing pentapeptide-18 twice daily to study participants between the ages of 39 and 64. They observed an 11,6% reduction in the appearance of wrinkle depth .
Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 and palmitoyl tripeptide-1 - In a study, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 together with another compound reduced the depth and volume of wrinkles by 15% . Simultaneously, skin roughness and tone were also improved after two months of daily application to the skin .
Plant stem-cell extracts
Human studies have shown that the three plant stem-cell extracts in the Skin Firming Complex formula help aging skin cells’ ability to retain water. In certain studies, a moisturizing effect has been observed just 24 hours after application of the plant stem-cells [7-9].
A study of snail mucin’s effect on human skin involving a group of elderly participants showed that coarse periocular and fine wrinkles were reduced .
Hyaluronic acid also plays an important role in rejuvenating tissue and forming blood vessels. These factors make hyaluronic acid an ideal compound to include in the Skin Firming Complex serum .
In dermatological test cases, more than 90% of subjects who have used a combination of silicates and biopolymers have noticed that their skin has tightened and become firmer within three to five minutes after application .
How to Use:
- Apply 1 to 2 drops to clean skin on areas of concern. Use morning and evening.
Leer fuente original
- Available at: http://www.cir-safety.org/sites/default/files/palm_build.pdf. Accessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Available at: http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/Matrixyl3000report.pdf . Accessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Available at: https://wrinklesystem.com/laboratorydata/argireline.pdf Acessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Available at: http://www.cossma.com/fileadmin/all/cossma/Archiv/ProductInfo/COS1005_14_ProdSnap8.pdf . Accessed 2017 8 3.
- Available at: http://www.aromatheka.com/descargas/LEUPHASYL.pdf. Accessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Draelos ZD et al. J Drugs Dermatol. 2016;15(9):1100-6.
- Available at http://activeconceptsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Technical-Data-Sheet7.pdf . Accessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Available at http://activeconceptsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Technical-Data-Sheet2.pdf. Accessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Available at: http://activeconceptsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Technical-Data-Sheet.pdf . Accessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Brieva A et al. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2008;21(1):15-22.
- Fabio SG et al. J Drugs Dermatology. 2013 Apr;12(4):453-7.
- Kawada C et al. Nutra J. 2014 Jul 11;13:70.
- Brown TJ et al. J Invest Dermatology. 1999 Nov;113(5):740-6.
- Papakonstantinou E et al. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012;4(3):253-8.
- Clinical case histories provided by Gary Goldfaden, MD. July 28, 2017.